[OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon DX 18-200/3.5-5.6G on film
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:50:54 -0400
Since the 4/3 mount and OM mount have basically the same diameter it
would have been quite possible to include a mechanical stop-down
mechanism in the design exactly as Nikon and Pentax have done.  I
suspect that they never even thought of it just as they never thought of
the firmware for focal length entry for anti-shake until Pentax showed
them how.  And as Jan complained this morning they have yet to do the
complete job by copying the data to the EXIF.

Chuck Norcutt