[OM] Re: Four questions for you experts

Subject: [OM] Re: Four questions for you experts
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:01:53 +1000
I've not used either althopugh I fancy the 30mm. The 24/1.8 is
reputed to be inferior to the 30mm in terms of resolution -
significantly so.
If you look at this page which was posted earlier -
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e3_tst.html
  there are some comparison shots with the 30mm well down in the lens
test section. He describes it as sharp, but 'not critically so.'
Apparently it's best at f4 and not improved by stopping down, so it's
probably optimised for low light work as a general purpose lens,
rather than as a wide angle landscape lens..
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx