[OM] Re: Four questions for you experts

Subject: [OM] Re: Four questions for you experts
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:27:20 -0400
Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 2.  Will I see a significant difference between the 12-60 and the 510 kit
> lens ?   That is,  would you put the 12-60 on the 510?

The 12-60mm would would work just fine on the 510.

Here is an excellent review by John Foster of the E-3 with the ED
12-60mm SWD lens.
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e3_tst.html

These test point out that the lens is heavier, longer and more light
loss at the long end along with the fact that the lens is no sharper
than the 14-54mm which I have.
As there are some gains and some losses between the two lenses I feel
that the high price does not justify changing from the 14-54mm to the
12-60mm.

Dick