[OM] Re: A couple of Velvia flowers

Subject: [OM] Re: A couple of Velvia flowers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:54:05 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> These are flowers I happened to find growing in the whereabouts ...
>
> Velvia 50 : Zuiko 135 / 4.5 : Olympus OM 2n on Auto Mode : Tripod.
>
> <http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2321/2346436551_b7bc00f30e_o.jpg>
>
> <http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2363297936_72fca58dec_o.jpg>
>
> I'm sorry, but the embedded profile is Adobe RGB 1998.
> Perhaps if interested, one could save it to disk and load that ICC monitor
> profile.
> Old habits ...

Nice shots! They do indeed look a little different on Safari (on
Windoze), which is profile aware, and FireFox, which is not. But it's
not the big deal it might be for skin tones.

I know you mentioned that the first might be a kind of honeysuckle, and
I knew that wasn't right, but the right name wasn't available in this
head at that moment. They are morning glory.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_glory>

They come in many colors and are native in many parts of Calif.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Point%20Lobos/slides/_MG_0356.html>

http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Point%20Lobos/slides/_MG_0373.html

And ground squirrels like to eat the blossoms.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Point%20Lobos/slides/_MG_0350.html>

Moose