[OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds

Subject: [OM] Re: Old computers - Geeks and nerds
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:30:42 +1100 (EDT)
Hi John,

> You do need an OS/2
> install distro, and the drive hooked up to install it from, presumably a
> 3.5" micro-floppy (one of the reasons I keep them in the desktop
> boxes).

You can install OS/2 by attaching the CD of later distributions, or an ISO
of the CD. You can also install OS/2 v2.xx by copying all the disk images
to one directory and burning to a CD, attach the FD and CD to VirtualPC
and install that way.

OS/2 Warp 4.5 and WSeB boots from CD, earlier Warp version need
boot FD's and a CD (or if your mad, install from all FD). Some people
have created full boot CD's of OS/2 Warp v3.

I run VirtualPC under OS/2 with containers for Win98 and WinXP,
though its been a while since I've booted either in VirtualPC, comes
in handy for talking relatives though windows problems.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/