[OM] Re: Raw developers [was: Just got around to updating the journal...

Subject: [OM] Re: Raw developers [was: Just got around to updating the journal...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:23:12 -0700
Paul Laughlin wrote:
> The other day, while rambling around the net, looking into CHDK and such, I
> ran across a 3rd party thing for remote shutter for Canon cameras.  Will
> have to go back and research it some more.  I did grab a diagram for wiring
> one.  Will post, if I find something on it.

Yeah, I've seen that. It's a simple USB connection where one puts it in
a CHDK  RC mode and shorting two pins focuses and shoots. I seem to
recall some chatter about whether it works on all models.

Possibly cooler is the motion sensor application. You can program the
camera to react to changes in any part of the live view image. You
could, for example, set it to respond in various ways to a light
flashed. So you could control it with a flash of a laser pointer only
from a particular place.

Am I hallucinating, or did I see where someone was using a traffic light
to trigger time delay shots of the street? The possibilities are pretty
broad.

Moose