[OM] Re: Just got around to updating the journal...

Subject: [OM] Re: Just got around to updating the journal...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:17:28 +0100
I think the Olympus Master, like all other software bundled with any
camera I have ever owned, sucks. The only reason I even installed it
is because it is needed for firmware upgrades, and that is the only
thing I use it for.

I shoot 100% RAW, and while once upon a time I would also mess around
with different converters, I now simply use Lightroom (i.e. ACR) to
open the images, convert to DNG and go from there.

Nathan

On 11-mrt-2008, at 12:01, Wayne Harridge wrote:

>> Minutes?  Wow!  Time to change converters.  PS CS3 takes
>> about 3 seconds
>> on my moderately fast machine to convert a 5D (12.9 MP) image.  Still
>> far slower than the camera's dedicated hardware/firmware but
>> not abusive
>> to the user.
>>

> I was using Raw Shooter Essentials for E-300 raw (on Ag Schnozz's
> recommendation) and that wasn't blindingly fast on my relatively slow
> machine, but since it doesn't support the E-510 raw I thought I
> should try
> the Oly product which came "free" with the camera (maybe that's a
> hint !).
> Apart from it's slowness I think the UI is awful too.
>
> So, I'd be interested in what others are using and liking for E-? raw
> conversion.
>
> ...Wayne

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx