[OM] Re: Flash references

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash references
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:59:47 -0400
If you're using Olympus OM's and want TTL a Vivitar 285 isn't going to
help you.  It offers only manual or flash controlled auto mode (which is
actually fairly accurate).  If you want low cost TTL for an OM I would
suggest either a T-32 (about $40... oops.  I just checked KEH and
they've dropped down to $35 for EX grade) or a Sunpak 422D with OT-1D
module (for OM TTL control) for about the same price or a bit less.

You could also use a more powerful Sunpak 522 (handle mount flash) with
the somewhat rare RS OT-5 OM TTL control module... which I just happen
to have :-)

Chuck Norcutt