[OM] Re: Flash references

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash references
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:16:11 +1100
Most of he common studio flashes up to 1200watts are 'monoblocks' -
the electronics and capacitor are in the head on top of the stand.
It's a one piece unit.
The more powerful flash units are flash heads used with floor packs -
the controls, electonics and capacitors are in a box on the floor
next to the light stand.
The head is lighter and can be from 200watt up to 8000 watt or more.
They are better if you don't have to carry them around although my
old Balcar 2400 floor pack and two heads is a fairly light kit,
compared to a pair of monoblocks of equivalent output.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx