[OM] Re: Oh s#%t, what do I do now? Olympus Master question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh s#%t, what do I do now? Olympus Master question
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 06:48:08 +0100
Of course not. In my experience, buying various hardware, the
software that came bundled with the hardware almost always sucks. The
same is true of the stuff bundled with my Canon DSLRs, with my wife's
digicam and her camcorder, but also the software that came with
various scanners, printers etc.

I have said it before and I repeat: the only reason for installing
the Olympus software is to do firmware upgrades. DO NOT USE IT FOR
ANY PICTURE-RELATED TASKS and you will live happily ever after.

But the cameras and especially the lenses are wonderful, and given
the availability of other good software to convert RAW, the cheesy
software should certainly not stop anyone from buying into the system.

Nathan

On 17-mrt-2008, at 0:55, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I do hope that no one will use my frustrating experience as part of
> the
> reason for not buying Olympus.  The images I just downloaded were
> done hand  held
> with the 50-200mm SWD + 1.4X on my e-3.  They were of nesting birds
> at  High
> Island, Texas where I've photographed birds each of the past 4 or
> 5  years.
> These were the best I've done and they were done without a
> tripod.  Would have
> used one if I'd had the proper plate.  My computer  skills are
> emerging very
> slowly. Have I shown you my pictures of snails? Bill  Barber
>

> In a message dated 3/16/2008 6:41:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> I have  to admit, the Pentax/Samsung latest offering is looking mighty
> tempting.  I'm not out much on my digi Oly gear. And though I'm not
> currently in the  market, it will be interesting to see pics from the
> Pentax/Samsung when  they get properly reviewed.
>
> I do love my E-1,  though.
>

> **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL
> Money &
> Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)