[OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:23:38 +0000
* On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:59:34AM -0700, Jerry said:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> Hi, my name is Jerry and I'm going to be shooting my youngest son's
> wedding in July. This is going to be my very first wedding and I'm a
> little nervous about it. I'm seeking some advice, tips, suggestions,
> etc.

I shot my sister's wedding last October, and in the minutes before hand I
was the most nervous I'd been.  However, it went well and here's why:

* I had someone else shooting as well -- an old friend of mine.  The idea
  being that if one of us missed a shot then the other would have a good
  chance of getting it.  It also reduces nerves.

* My sister was wonderfully pragmatic about it all and knew that while I
  would do my best, we weren't expecting professional results.  Having said
  many turned outwell.

* Because it as my family, I was able to tell them to move about in an
  appropriate manner.  The ability to shout and lambast family members,
  even on an auspicious occasion such as this should not be ignored.

* Everyone was happy.  Seriously, if people smile and are comfortable with
  you then you shall have a much easier time.

For shots,  sit down with your son and his fiancée and work out in advance
what shots they want; what combinations to have and write them down.  Take
the list with you and tick them off as you go along,  this way it minimises
chance.  Yes, it's a bit regemented, but it means you get a shot.  Whether
it's the shot or not is a different matter!

And remember to enjoy yourself.  It is a family day after all.

p.

--
this signature was brought to you by the letter V and the number 41
htag 0.0.23: [   "Bother!" said Pooh, as he opened a gate to Hell.]