[OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:30:17 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I'm back and thought I would add a bit about flash.  Even if you hire a
> photographer you might still want to take your camera to get a few shots
> of your own.  You might also want to take a flash and I don't understand
> why you think you can't use the Nikon with other than the SB-15.
>
> The Metz 45-CL4 can act as a TTL flash but you're obviously not using it
> in TTL mode on the OM-1.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't also
> use the Metz on either the Nikon
The Nikon FG does TTL (not OTF, but still). In size and function, it's
much like an OM-2n with a program mode added. So connection to the Metz
should be possible for TTL. The problem is the lack of an appropriate lens.
> ....If you have to do outdoor fill flash (difficult) the Nikon is the best
> bet since it can sync at 1/90 second vs 1/60 on the OM-1.  But that still
> won't help much if you're trying to fill in bright sunshine.
Venue isn't given in detail, but sun can't be assumed without more info.
"on a grassy ledge overlooking the beach, under a gazebo" in some parts
of SoCal (And much of NorCal) in July could have anything from bright
sun to heavy fog and wind - or even that range and everything between
all on the same day.

It's still madness...

Moose