[OM] Re: Just got around to updating the journal...

Subject: [OM] Re: Just got around to updating the journal...
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:01:32 +1100

> Minutes?  Wow!  Time to change converters.  PS CS3 takes
> about 3 seconds
> on my moderately fast machine to convert a 5D (12.9 MP) image.  Still
> far slower than the camera's dedicated hardware/firmware but
> not abusive
> to the user.

I was using Raw Shooter Essentials for E-300 raw (on Ag Schnozz's
recommendation) and that wasn't blindingly fast on my relatively slow
machine, but since it doesn't support the E-510 raw I thought I should try
the Oly product which came "free" with the camera (maybe that's a hint !).
Apart from it's slowness I think the UI is awful too.

So, I'd be interested in what others are using and liking for E-? raw
conversion.

...Wayne