[OM] Re: FYI - E-420

Subject: [OM] Re: FYI - E-420
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:23:10 -0300
2008/3/5, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>  >> If your theory is right, my 5050's F1.8 lens must be very big, it's
>  >> sensor
>  >>  is samller than 4/3 and started at 7.1mm!
>  >
>  > Not at all, you misunderstood me.  How much is this 7,1mm equivalent
>  > in 24×36mm?  As you said, 7,1 is 7,1.
>
> I'm really confused, you said 4/3 has disavantage at wide angles, I believe
>  it is because of the smaller sensor size, right? Now the 5050's sensor is
>  even samller. I really can't understand why you go back to ask about the
>  equivalent of 24x36mm frame size.

It is all relative... in any given system, smaller focal lengths will
be smaller, but wider apertures will need relatively bigger lenses at
the short end for smaller sensors.  Relatively, not absolutely.

At least this is what I see in practice.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat              Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx