[OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:55:17 +0100
Yes, I thought it was rather expensive too, but $200 would be cheap over
here in Denmark (and England). In Denmark the list price is $360, including
25% sales tax. About once a year there is usually a two-week sale where
LowePro bags are reduced by 20%. I bought my pack when visiting the UK. The
list price there is the same as in Denmark, but you can usually find LowePro
discounted from mailorder shops. I paid 130GBP = 260USD approx (including
17.5% sales tax).
I would also confirm the reviewer's comment that the Quick Access side door
is not really big enough for a large Pro DSLR. However, I use it for an
E-330 and 18-180 lens, and have had no problems. The zipper slider has a
long extension which is easy to grab. I would have liked the bag to be a bit
taller, but I think the size was dictated by airline carryon
requirements....
All in all a good bag though, when I need to carry non-photographic gear as
well as camera equipment. Otherwise I usually use a LowePro Slingshot 100 or
200.

Roger

On 05/03/2008, Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 06:37 PM 3/4/2008, Roger Key wrote:
>
> >A couple of months ago I bought a LowePro Primus AW, which has back
> access
> >to two compartments.
>
> That's a nice looking bag Roger and one that I missed when I was
> looking for a bag with back access..  The additional side access
> looks like it would be a nice feature.  Pricey though - ~$200.
>
> Later,
> Johnny

> Johnny Johnson
> Cleveland, GA