[OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:13:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 17:02

> Johann Thorsson wrote:
>> The new Flipside line seems very promising, but the 300 model looks much
>> smaller than my current  Super Trekker AW II.
>>
> So carry less. :-)
>
> More seriously, perhaps, I really try to carry minimal kit. It's so easy
> to just pile the stuff in until the bag is full, then carry around
> forever stuff I never end up using.
>
> So I try to size any field bag tight. Even the 200 model is much more
> commodious than my PhotoRunner.
>
> Moose

That might be an option, but not all of this is camera stuff.  When I am
hiking I usually go for half a day or a whole day so extra clothing, food
and other necessary things need to go in there as well.
I have a much smaller bag which I use when I am not hiking a Lowepro
MiniMag.  It takes all the camera stuff you normally need to bring with you,
and then some.