[OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:36:30 -0800
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> I most often use a backpack when doing landscape shots and quite
> often there's no clean area where you can lay a pack down. On my
> Canon and Lowepro packs the access to the main compartment is on the
> side of the pack opposite your back (the front?).   You have to lay
> the back of the pack down in the dirt, dust, mud or whatever to gain
> access to the gear and then clean up the pack before putting it back
> on or transfer the crud to the back of your shirt.  On the other
> hand, the Dakine Sequence pack has the access from the "back" so, in
> theory, I would just need to clean it up at the end of the day.

Another backpack with access from the side next ot your back is the
Lowepro Flipside. The design seems well adapted to your particular
needs. With the belt buckled, you can spin it around our body and access
the interior quite well without ever setting it down. No dirt at all.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLjbxN8ri8>

And another video with both models that allow on-body access.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAOb3GjVcQ>

I haven't tried either, but they look interesting.

Moose