[OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:19:30 -0500
At 09:26 AM 3/4/2008, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>What backpack opens from the front? What do you mean?

Hi Winsor,

Sorry for the confusion.  In this context I was using the term "back"
to mean the side that rests against your back when wearing the backpack.

I most often use a backpack when doing landscape shots and quite
often there's no clean area where you can lay a pack down. On my
Canon and Lowepro packs the access to the main compartment is on the
side of the pack opposite your back (the front?).   You have to lay
the back of the pack down in the dirt, dust, mud or whatever to gain
access to the gear and then clean up the pack before putting it back
on or transfer the crud to the back of your shirt.  On the other
hand, the Dakine Sequence pack has the access from the "back" so, in
theory, I would just need to clean it up at the end of the day.

>Love to hear some feedback on it. It looks like a real backpack that
>should carry nicely instead of the usual camera bag that is just
>styled to look like a backpack.

I'll let you know how it works out on the southwest trip.  It appears
to have a good belt so I'm hoping that I can adjust it so that most
of the weight is carried on my hips.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson