[OM] Re: FYI - E-420

Subject: [OM] Re: FYI - E-420
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:15:59 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>

> 2008/3/5, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> When you are talking about 60mm, there
>>  is a 60/1.5 for the Pen, the coverage is larger than 4/3 and weight only
>>  270g all metal, it is equivalent to 120mm F1.5 in 4/3!
>
> Sweet.  Anyway, coverage is not the whole story: there may still be
> vignetting and distortions because digital sensors woń't take the
> angled light rays film takes.
>
> Question is, how big would be the digital, near-telecentric,
> weather-sealed, autofocus FourThirds equivalent?

Near-telecentric is a sales talk, any telecentric lens must have rear
element's as large as the sensor. Looking at most DZ lenses, the rear
element are much smaller, like the 11-22. At the mean time many OM Zuikos
performed very well edge to edge on the 4/3 including the 16/3.5 fisheye.

>> I don't think there is any difficulty to make wide angles for small
>> sensors,
>>  there is already a DZ8mm.
>
> The difficulty is making them small and fast at the same time.  Small,
> fast, wide, take two.

I don't know where you got this information, I won't take this guess without
technical support.

C.H.Ling