[OM] Re: Composition, alignment and maybe some wabi-sabi

Subject: [OM] Re: Composition, alignment and maybe some wabi-sabi
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 09:24:57 -0700
Ian Nichols wrote:

[snip]

> Oh, one other observation - when I swapped cameras there was no
> discernible difference in the image alignment between the optical
> viewfinders of th E-3 and E-330, which suggests a misaligned sensor in
> the E-3.
>
> Anyone else found anything similar?  with any SLR?

Ian:

There's been continuing issues with Canon's 40D, which displays a sensor
misalignment (at least in some samples) like you're describing.  One of
the regulars over at Naturescapes.net first alerted me to this problem
-- which has been kept *very* quiet by Canon itself.

I haven't noticed misalignment on my E-3, but then again, if it's really
subtle, chances are I wouldn't, because I've been shooting stuff that
doesn't show a lot of rectilinearity or parallelism anyways.  Mebbe I'll
mount the camera on a tripod in the basement and try shooting the
concrete with some lines inscribed.  Or just target some wall edges and
see what happens...

Garth