[OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:41:27 -0600
I've got an opposite impression on the ultra maxi. About a week after
bought, I took it with e300 and tamron 80-200, played with them for couple
hours until the total weight broke one of the twist locks of my ultra maxi
legs. Maybe it is just a defective item, but since then the fragility
towards Velbon products has already been imprinted on my memory, it also
keeps reminding me not to try to mount the tamron on any other portable
tripod ever again...

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:16 PM, <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I have the ultra maxi with twist lock legs for travel.? It can handle
> the Tam 80-200 in light wind and packs well.? I can have it set up in under
> 25 seconds, though the most annoying shrinking leg syndrome not infrequently
> will strike.? Not sure why I put up with it.?
> Mike
>

> Moose says:
> That's getting into a different category. I tend to travel with both
> something Ultrapod size and something this size. The one I have weights
> a little less, extends a little bit higher and has a ball head, which I
> prefer in a traveler like this. BUT - MOST OF ALL - it has flip lock legs.

> http://webmail.aol.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Hurt recalls you're still alive.