[OM] Re: Tam 400/4 with bin 499

Subject: [OM] Re: Tam 400/4 with bin 499
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:42:20 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I hope it is as nice as it looks.

  Turned up yesterday -- first impression is, unsurprisingly, "whoa,
that's a lot of lens"..

  It seems to be in great shape -- the previous owner has made up an
arca-swiss-compatible QR plate-type thing that bolts to the lens collar
at one end and a hose clamp around the lens at the other, which sounds
pretty iffy but is fairly solid in practise, and would all unbolt if
necessary. One unexpected bonus is that he'd bent up some steel to make
a shoulder stock sort of thing that screws to this plate, which is
surprisingly nice to use. (and the 112mm filter that he threw in will
almost certainly never get used, but is entertaining to look at..)

  I've yet to try taking any real photos yet, just some shots of bits of
garden -- Monday, off to the river to see if I can find some birds.

  -- dan