[OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: gorillapod slr zoom
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:36:11 -0500
Well, I believe Tocad is the distributer here.? A passerby tipped the 'pod sans
other gear (phew)? and chipped a part of the head.? Well eventually found the
parts distributer/cust service and told them about it.? They responded in 48
hrs with a ping that they had the part and it is in the mail--no charge.? I've
had the? Tam on it on trips many a time with no untoward events---it is a bit
undersized of course and not a joy to use but it is small/light and works.? If
you would like the tocad e-mail, feel free to ping me off list and I will dig
it up.
Mike

I've got an opposite impression on the ultra maxi. About a week after
bought, I took it with e300 and tamron 80-200, played with them for couple
hours until the total weight broke one of the twist locks of my ultra maxi
legs. Maybe it is just a defective item, but since then the fragility
towards Velbon products has already been imprinted on my memory, it also
keeps reminding me not to try to mount the tamron on any other portable
tripod ever again...

http://webmail.aol.com