[OM] Re: Yesterday's Lunar Eclipse

Subject: [OM] Re: Yesterday's Lunar Eclipse
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:40:01 -0600
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Normally, I couldn't have afforded a Celestron 8 either but in 1974 I
> was working for IBM and was given a Division President's award for some
> work I had done for one of our manufacturing plants that was in bad
> shape from a manufacturing control standpoint.  The award also came with
> a nice check for $4,000 which was a lot of money for me in 1974.
> Anyhow, it was enough to buy a Celestron 8 with all the trimmings for
> photography including an OM-1 and with enough left over to buy a 10
> year-old Jaguar XKE and leave a little still in the bank.  But it didn't
> do anything for me to instill the patience for deep sky photography.

Nice!  A tasty 'scope with the goodies PLUS an XKE??

Nice score.  XKE's are like sex on wheels.  I LOVE XKE's.  A lot.

Of course, I never had to own one and deal with the Prince of Darkness...

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon