[OM] Re: Yesterday's Lunar Eclipse

Subject: [OM] Re: Yesterday's Lunar Eclipse
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:06:44 -0500
Normally, I couldn't have afforded a Celestron 8 either but in 1974 I
was working for IBM and was given a Division President's award for some
work I had done for one of our manufacturing plants that was in bad
shape from a manufacturing control standpoint.  The award also came with
a nice check for $4,000 which was a lot of money for me in 1974.
Anyhow, it was enough to buy a Celestron 8 with all the trimmings for
photography including an OM-1 and with enough left over to buy a 10
year-old Jaguar XKE and leave a little still in the bank.  But it didn't
do anything for me to instill the patience for deep sky photography.

Chuck Norcutt