[OM] Re: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystudio vs ps vs captu

Subject: [OM] Re: lightroom vs lightzone vs olymaster vs olystudio vs ps vs capture 1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:20:19 -0800
I think that probably a camera maker is able to get the best image
from their own file. After all it is not just another format to be
added to a multi file application like ACR. I know that at least one
maker adds a tag to their RAW image that is installed as firmware on
testing the color response of that camera during manufacture because
there is variability. Their own software picks up that tag and
incorporates it into the conversion. Any manufacturer that does their
own software probably does that. I also suspect that the manufacturer
goes to greater pains to extract a great image than the pair of Gretag-
MacBeth images Adobe uses to color balance ACR for each camera model.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA