[OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:31:26 +0800
I had performed a test on some of my Zuikos two weeks ago with the E-3,
although the atmosphere was not good but just can't wait to know about how
the OM lenses work in a 10MP sensors. This time I just tested their
performance for distance objects, later I will test the traditional 1:40
magnification too.

Test were done with live view 10x mag., tripod + 2 second shutter delay, so
the error should be minimal.

As to your question:

- the 90/2 is very sharp edge to edge even wide open it beats the 100/2. At
F4 they are closer but the corner of 100/2 still a little soft when compared
to the 90/2.

I used the 90/2 a lots for flowers, it is very sharp although the bokeh is
not as good as the 135/4.5 Macro.

- For MIJ 50/1.8, at wide open the center was good but edges was poor,
sharpness improved a lot at F4 but still not as sharp as center. The 50/1.4
with S/N>1,000,000 was much better, the image was soft at F1.4 but with very
good details, at F2 the softness at center was removed and at F2.8 it was
almost perfect.

Even the F1.4 is better but the F1.8 is still a very usable lens.

Here are the samples, each file is around 3MB.

http://www.accura.com.hk/5018F18.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/5018F28.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/5018F4.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/90mmF2.jpg