[OM] Re: (OM) E-1 with Zuiko 100/2

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) E-1 with Zuiko 100/2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:00:48 -0800
james king wrote:
> yes I get exactly the same colour spot.
> If its taken on film then it sounds like a design problem with the tamron.

I've never seen that with the 90/2.5 (49mm filter thread) on film. Much
of that use was making slides for University lectures, mostly with flat
glass holding pages flat and rather square to the camera on copy a
stand. Said prof. friend is incredibly picky about color in his slides
(Art historian, among other things.), and would certainly have noticed
any such color spot anomaly.

I also didn't have any such effect using it briefly on the 5D for macro
comparison tests, but those were all at 1:2 and 1:1, where it might not
show up.

>>> .Since I have not had the effect using film I guess it is reflection due
>>> to the sensor. Probably I will buy a new Tamron 90/2.8 at some point.

I have used the Tamron 90/2.8 Di quite a bit, and never seen anything
like that. Terrific lens, IMO. Meets or beats all my other non-bellows
macros. And works well in the field. The push-pull AF-MF switching with
the wide focusing ring are wonderful.

Moose