[OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko lenses on E series digital bodies
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:21:54 +0000 (GMT)
moose OR C.H. Ling wrote.....a good reputation for quality and
reliability undone by the OM10   :-O
   Scurrilous remarks about a camera that I must defend :-)
 I originally bought an OM10 as a backup to my first OM1n and 2n. Used
the camera in situations where I did not want to risk my "good
cameras". Frequently took it caving in good wet welsh caves. Usually
banging about in an old ammunition case. Also used when hiking and
camping etc. No matter how I treated the camera it NEVER let me down.
 It is now enjoying a new lease of life with my elder daughter who uses
it when mountain biking.
  The foam has now gone all goey (must get around to replacing it) but
my daughter does not want to be without it.
  Value for money...This camera has been exceptional.

> Moose wrote:
> > C.H.Ling wrote:
> >>Yes, same for the OM1 and 1n, there are some metal parts replaced
> with
> >>plastic.
> > I think that back then Oly was seriously committed to quality and
> > reliability, and had earned a good reputation. All undone by the
> OM-10,
> > of course, sigh...
> > Moose

Regards