[OM] SDHC deal [was Quick Question]

Subject: [OM] SDHC deal [was Quick Question]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:25:19 -0500
Well, so much for being intentionally vague.? Since you asked directly, I will
fess up.? Marnie's horse-cam for the trip in March will almost undoubtedly??be
a G9.? Even considered an E410, but just a bit too large with the kit lens to
be practical.? The build appears sturdy enough and the IQ OK at least at lower
ISO's and probably 400, if processed well.??? Would prefer the quick feedback
of "zebra mode" with CHDK, but alas no hack as of yet.? I will?often use the XA
(horse-cam)?and we will bring two OM bodies for our main gear as usual.?
Perhaps I'll chance an OM kit for the Monarch sanctuary day, if I can find a
proper small pack.

Given the links, I trust the 4 or 8gb extreme 111 is the way to go.? I expect
the digicam/cards to experience more than the usual rough handling. I hope it
dosen't have to endure the 2500 lb steel clad horse hoof stress test, though I
have witnessed the usual results of such a test. Thanks for mentioning the very
nice rebates. Have not looked into the sdhc cards of late.? It also takes MMC
about which I know little.? The CF cards have their own controller, which would
seem to be a distinct advantage though not relevant for the G9.
Mike

usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks guys. Free shipping, no tax, 40 bucks less and good reviews---sounds
> like a go.
>??
And what are you buying, bunkie? If it requires SD cards, there's a
great deal going for Sandisk 4gb Extreme III bundled with an SDHC reader
and RescuePro data recovery software.

I was very happy I bought the package, as I discovered that the newish
card reader built into my computer doesn't recognize SDHC cards.

Costs $50 at B&H with a $30 rebate. Buy two, and the rebate is $70, for
a net cost apiece of $15. There's also a buy three option. The rebate is
only for certain retailers, not including Amazon.

Moose

http://webmail.aol.com