[OM] Re: Bocairent Moros y Cristianos fiesta 2008

Subject: [OM] Re: Bocairent Moros y Cristianos fiesta 2008
From: "Victor Estelles" <Victor.Estelles@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:11:23 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

Moros y Cristianos is a common celebration in towns from Alicante and
Valencia (Spain). They celebrate the christian conquer of the towns and
villages in 13th century. Muslim (moros) and christian (cristianos)
troops march over the towns representing these fights. The girls troop
in the last shot most probably represent on of those muslim groups.

Although Bocairent Moros y Cristianos is one of the most well known in
the region, I think the most important is the Moros y Cristianos from
Alcoi (in April, I think). You'll find a bunch of internet sites
covering this city celebration. It is a very coloured fiesta!

Victor