[OM] Bocairent Moros y Cristianos fiesta 2008

Subject: [OM] Bocairent Moros y Cristianos fiesta 2008
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 07:17:01 +0100
Last Saturday, we were invited to a party in the small town of
Bocairent, about 100 km from Alicante, to attend a party celebrating
the beginning of the town's annual Moros y Cristianos fiesta, the
biggest event of the year in that small town of about 4500
inhabitants. The lady in the striped shirt performing a dance with a
sword is the hostess; the particular group we were with were Moros
(whether one is a Moro or Cristiano in these fiestas is something
that is passed on through generations).

The pics are really just party pictures, and I made the gallery
mainly for the people involved, but thought I might show them to a
broader audience as well:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4301077

All taken with the E3, with IS turned on, nominally at ISO 800 but
given the amount of exposure correction I had to do in Lightroom, I
was really shooting at ISO 1600. The IS was somewhat useful when
people were not moving, but overall I think it is suited mostly to
photographing buildings at night, not people having a good time.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General photography: