[OM] Re: New Film Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: New Film Camera
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:24:30 -0500
Some sort of folding/compact would be nice but not totally necessary. The
Tele-Rollei doesn't focus close enough for most portrait work. My best hope
is as Wayne suggests the Texas Leica but my preferred format of 6x7 doesn't
come up often (I would need to get another enlarger if I go up to 6x9). Plus
I would have to find the 180mm lens and then I have to use a separate shoe
mount finder so not operationally the best.

My ideal would be a 6x7 portrait FL lens rangefinder with a dedicated
parallax correcting VF with a nice long base length rangefinder so I can
focus close accurately. This last requirement knocks out the Mamiya 7 as the
longest lens doesn't couple to the RF which is too short based anyway and
the lens is too SLOW. The Bronica RF645 comes close but the 135mm lens often
needs to be calibrated the body and the VF/RF is obviously frame lined.

I am chasing a phantom camera that only exists in my head :(

In the meantime I guess I will just continue to enjoy my Fuji GA645Zi

Dan S.