[OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:46:36 +0100
Hi all,

>The solution -- which anyone who has downloaded pictures by cable
>knows -- is the display is asking you what to do with this cable, with
>the default selection of "STORAGE" highlighted. You need to press the
>"OK" button before anything will happen. Silly me, I thought it would
>be just like a card reader, and all you had to do was plug it in.

I'm glad this came along, because I had already been struggling with
firmware updates for both the E-1 and the E-3.

However, when I follow the instructions above, it still doesn't work.
I'm using Mac OSX Tiger (latest version) on a MacBookPro.

I connect the camera to the USB-port of my computer, switch it on and
when it says "Storage", I click OK.

I launch Olympus Master and select "Update Camera / Language"

A new dialog window appears, entitled "Update camera" with lots of
empty fields and a message in the lowest box, saying "Click [Check
for latest version] ..."

When I do this, two progress bars appear. 1. "Connecting to the
camera" and 2. "Connecting to the server".

After this, I get a message saying "Failed to communicate with the
server". This is as far as I get. Does anyone out there have similar
problems and maybe even solved them? I would love to know about it!

Ton