[OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:04:05 -0700
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >The IBM Hursley lab admin building is the site where the Spitfire was
 >developed.  Lots of Spitfire history and photos posted on the walls.

  I worked at Hursley one summer while at university, though off in the
IS department at IBM, so there wasn't any Spitfire memorabila around
where I was.

  For what it's worth, the IS folks there (ie, the people who kept the
servers running that all the CICS/etc development folks used) were using
  a very old version of OS/2 (2.0/2.1, if I remember), because they
wanted the most reliable one they could get their hands on.

  I remember having to, somewhat embarrasedly, go and take their
"introduction to computers for total idiots" course, because MVS/JCL/etc
was such a totally foreign way of working to what I was expecting that I
couldn't get my head around it at all.

  -- dan