[OM] Re: Camera straps [was Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird]

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera straps [was Ergonomics - I must be a bit weird]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:33:29 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> I have a couple of the stretchy ones.  They've lasted forever.  I do
> like them except for one major issue--there isn't any grip to them.
> I can't hang a camera on my shoulder because it will slip right off.

Depends on the brand/model. The Op/Tech that Ali likes and I don't much
like has a bunch of little raised rubber dots on the shoulder surface.
Not super, but much better than the neoprene alone. I don't remember how
my original Op/Tech thinner, straight one is and it's down in a bag of
such bits and pieces in the basement.
> The stretchiness of it probably saved my E-1.  When Joel and I were doing the
> Porcupines Olyfest, the rockslide would probably have killed my E-1 had it
> not been able to move a bit.
The ones Ali calls boomerangs have stiffer stretchiness, with an
auxiliary elastic strap attached to the top surface. So they stretch
easily a bit, then stiffen up. Probably because they are designed for
heavier loads.

Moose