[OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:51:33 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't understand why you'd ever want autofocus over other than the
> smallest possible area and with complete control over which point is
> selected.

  I certainly haven't found much use for all the AF spots on the E-3
except in CF mode, because then it can track a moving object as it moves
across the image, rather than me having to keep the center spot
positioned just right.

  One thing that _is_ useful is the cross-type AF sensors, though -- the
point+shoot I have will occasionally be unable to focus on something
until I rotate it 90 degrees so that the contrast point is better
aligned, half-press, and then rotate it back.

  -- dan