[OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problems?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:45:58 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't understand why you'd ever want autofocus over other than the smallest
> possible area and with complete control over which point is selected.
Tracking something moving fast, bird, cheetah, aeroplane, etc. against a
distant and/or relatively undifferentiated background. There are
probably other uses, but that's one that comes to mind.

For most of my use, though, I agree with you. I'm a central point only
all the time user and occasionally have to juggle a little because it's
big enough to not always focus on what I want.
> Who'd want a spot meter that left you unsure about where it was pointing?

Not quite the same question, but I can say that the pixel level droppers
in PS are sometimes a pain. Especially with film, an area of overall
neutral, say a cloud, for example, is made up of pixels of a number of
colors. Click on a number of little spots ad get a series of wildly off
WBs. Too fine isn't good.

Come to think of it, it's PS. There's probably a setting somewhere in
the jungle of settings to change that. I need to look.

Moose