[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:09:28 -0800
Larry wrote:
> And approximately one manufacturer can't seem to find a reason to limit
> which ISO's you are permitted to choose, and allow auto-ISO settings to
> start at any ISO in the camera's range, and end at any ISO in the
> camera's full range - in any auto mode, and with any manual or AF lens.
> Plus lock into one ISO from the auto-ISO mode without going into the
> menu, and pop back into Auto-ISO just by pressing a button.
>
> Then again, that manufacturer is not Canon or Nikon, so its just a
> "cute" feature easily explained away as not important....:)

You go get 'em Larry! You are right, of course, it's a terrific feature.
Would that I had this feature.

Pentax has shown MUCH more thoughtful intelligence in their firmware
features design than anybody else. Still, they lost their chance at me
for now. Too late out of the gate with their real camera after some
mediocre stuff.

But the 5D is staying for a while. The image that comes out still
outweighs extra features. Let's see what they all have up their sleves
next round.

Moose