[OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter
From: "Dharma Singh" <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:24:31 +0100
2007/12/23, Bart Wientjes <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> usually they go for half that price.
Hi Bart,

I don't see them that often that I would say 'usually'.

>This specific lens has been
> modified in order to give soft focus effects. Internally a perforated
> disc has been placed, covering the area a f4 or f5,6 diafragm would
> cover. The pictures look very intriguing.
You're right there.
It's the second time he's offering this lens. The first time it didn't
met his minimum price and
then the second it's a 'buy now' price as he 'usually' does.

> Currently on the other Dutch trade site there is a seller in Belgium
> offering an MC 85/2 for 150 euros. For that money he throws in a
> really nice looking OM-2 s/p. For the package, it could be an OK deal.
You're right there for the second time. I even have this one in 'my
favorites'. By the way for non-European readers €150 is almost US$220.
I'm considering that one.
The problem is that's the way I ended up with all the 50mm 1:1.8's and
all the OM10's and a lot of other stuff: by buying relatively cheap
camera's with extra lenses, or nice lenses with extra camera's.
This week I bought a 35-70mm 1:4 AF on that second marketplace very
cheap, but with a OM30 [they we're bought together by that owner] and
a winder2, a T32, 50mm 1:1.8, 35mm 1:3,5 and a 135mm 1:3.5.

> Personally, the 85/2 would be the last lens I'd let go of. Think 'cold
> dead hands'.
I personally prefer burned dead hands.

> PS
> at this very moment I'm dusting off the ol' flatbed, lining your
> scanning job for after Christmas.
I thought only women we're capable of doing two jobs at the time :)

Prettige Kerstdagen en Gelukkig Nieuwjaar

Dharma S.