[OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter
From: "Dharma Singh" <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:34:03 +0100
2007/12/22, Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Why don't you use the 35-80 for black and white? On the long end it should
> be a good portrait lens. Don't know if it has good Bokeh though, I have
> never used that lens. I can say I second Moose's recommendation of the
> 85mm
> f2, as I have one and its tonal rendering and bokeh are wonderful. I also
> like the 100mm f2.8, which is a lot cheaper than the 85/2. If you don't
> like
> your 35-80, look for a 100/2.8 on ebay. I got mine for $60 last year.

Thanks for your answer.
I think the 35-80, which I own already 10 years, is a wonderful zoom for
colour, but somehow I don't appreciate it for b&w.
The 85, 90 & 100 are not common and  don't come cheap in The Netherlands and
when they're  available for Europe on eB*y of sellers from the USA the s&h
are very steep.

Dharma S.