[OM] Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Christmas camera wish list
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:46:31 -0400
Sorry to interrupt the interesting OT stuff :-), but I just would like to
ask if anyone might know if my wish camera actually exists. I'm planning
perhaps 3 trips to Bolivia in 2008, in March, perhaps April, and September.
I'd really like to upgrade from the C5050, mostly to get rid of the awful
shutter lag so that I could actually capture the picture when I want to.

I handled the E510 yesterday for the first time. Its a really nice camera,
for around here, but would never work for me in Bolivia. It would never
survive the trip.

Basically what I need/want is a C5050 with no shutter lag, a better screen
you can actually see on a sunny day, and faster turn on time.

Should have (actually, must have):

1.  Takes AA's unless you can convince me there is a reliable alternative
for about 2 weeks with no chance of recharging battery.

2. Flip out live screen for waist level (and lower, much lower... some of
those people are short) shots and stealth shots.

3.  Built in flash that doesn't pop up.

4. Rugged. And takes a metal shroud around the lens like the C5050 does.
Picture several kids pulling on the camera body to see their pic on the
screen, while you're holding on to the camera by the lens. You can see why a
E 510 would never survive.

5. Takes filters, for 81a conversion. We'll be at 13 to 14,000 feet in both
march and April.

6. Shouldn't be any bigger than a C5050, hopefully smaller, and hopefully
metal construction.

7. Able to survive dust, lots of dust.

Wayne