[OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:24:27 +1000
Gordon Ross wrote:
> Hey- wait a minute -  there are very good reasons to live in snowy
> climes!!
>
> 10  the bears get some rest

There aren't any bears here, and our non-bear koala "bears" already
sleep nearly 19 hours a day. It's about time they got up and put in some
hard work around the yard. So, no snow required here.

> 9     the leaves leave

Palms and Eucalyptus and ficus - they drop leaves all the time, but they
never leave altogether.

> 8     you get a white christmas

True, but it makes for a bloody cold swim in the pool or down the beach,
and I'm not barbecuing breakfast in sub-zeros temp's.

> 7     puts a real damper on a blitzkrieg

Can't argue with that.

> 6     skiing is easier and landing is softer

You can still ski an heat-treated snow if there's enough of it sitting
in the riverbeds and the lakes.

> 5     sleds work much better

We've got big dunes....real big. A boogie board works well.

> 4     no lawn to mow

See above re: palm trees, gum trees, et cetera. No lawn at all.

> 3     get to wear the moosehead knit sweater your auntie made last
>       winter

Ah, well, that's true. Also the matching  beanie.

> 2     hockey hockey hockey

OY! OY! OY!

...no, wait, that's not how it goes....

> 1     get to patch up all the igloos we live in

Our fridge has an ice-maker - I can send you some free building
materials if you want to pay for postage (may require some reassembly).

Cheers,
Marc (who nearly moved to the Snowy Mountains, but decided heat and
humidity favoured this delightful languor far better. Also, no derps)
Noosa Heads, Oz