[OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:22:39 +1100

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 06/12/2007, at 11:57 AM, Gordon Ross wrote:

> Hey- wait a minute -  there are very good reasons to live in snowy
> climes!!
>
> 10  the bears get some rest
Closest thing we've got to a bear sleeps around 22 hours a day anyway.
> 9     the leaves leave
Mine don't - so there's no frost getting to ground.
> 8     you get a white christmas
Christmas is cancelled - I thought we'd settled that.
Besides which I can remember going to work in Birmingham in January -
dark both ways, slush, sleet, cancelled trains, late buses...
> 7     puts a real damper on a blitzkrieg
Here the policy is to let the buggers die in the desert.
> 6     skiing is easier and landing is softer
The Australian Alps are larger than the European - if you're dumb
enough to hurl yourself down a mountain while attached to four sticks
and paying huge amounts for the privilege.
> 5     sleds work much better
Than what? Wheels?
> 4     no lawn to mow
Don't have one. Green desert. Waste of water. Waste of time.
> 3     get to wear the moosehead knit sweater your auntie made last
> winter
I'm wearing a really horrible Hawaiian shirt today - well, made in
the Cook Islands. It's dropped to 33deg right now (92deg for you
backward types) - quite pleasant after a warm sort of day.
> 2     hockey hockey hockey
Weird game - can't see the point. Footy, Cricket....
> 1     get to patch up all the igloos we live in
Are there other kinds of loo then?