[OM] Re: E-3 happiness

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 happiness
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:43:54 +1100
There are two types of people. Those who believe that 'real men don't
read manuals' and those who try but can't make any sense of them.
I spent the last three months volunteering to teach a class of
seniors about digital photography for a couple of hours each week.
One offered me a final compliment that - "Now the manual makes sense
to me."
One had a Nikon which was creating a new folder each day - annoying.
We spent some time poring over the manual to find the setting to
change - 'F' for folders? - as if! Finally found it as a sub-set
under something else like Storage or whatever. Half the manuals don't
even have an index, never mind an incompetent one.
Rhesus monkeys would do a better job in many cases.
It's in their blood.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx