[OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "

Subject: [OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 07:11:26 -0500
You have two assumptions that are in error.  The first is that I have a
local brick-n-mortar store and the second is that they would carry what
I was looking for.

For years I have used teardrop shaped 3rd party eyecups on my OM's since
I found they were much more effective than the Oly product.  That is
especially important with the OM-1 and OM-2 where extraneous light in
the viewfinder affects the exposure measurement.  I was pleased to find
several ebay sellers offering teardrop shaped cups for Canyon and other
digital cameras since all digital SLRs also have their exposure sensors
in the viewfinder.  Whether it would really affect exposure or not I
don't know but several months ago I was bothered by extremely bright
sunlight from behind and to my left such that I was having some
difficulty seeing through the viewfinder.  When I spotted the teardrop
eyecup for the Canyon I vowed to get one and try it out.

As to local brick-n-mortar, I no longer live in the Boston area but in
very rural upstate New York.  The local "camera store" doesn't even sell
cameras and counts itself lucky to have survived the digital revolution.
  And even B&H doesn't carry the teardrop style eyecup.

Chuck Norcutt