[OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "

Subject: [OM] Re: Oboy seller "buybuyeasy "
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:30:32 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> You have two assumptions that are in error.  The first is that I
> have a
> local brick-n-mortar store and the second is that they would carry
> what
> I was looking for.

You're right, of course. My main assumption is that if you have *any*
brick-n-mortar nearby, owned by local people, they'd be happy to
special order things for you.

I live on an island, and feel quite fortunate that the locals here
hold service as the main way of keeping the big-box stores out. I
guess that's an "island thing" that may not be the case in other
somewhat isolated communities.

We weren't able to get our favorite corn chips here (Guiltless Gourmet
Chili Verde), and the local organic market gladly ordered them for us.
He normally doesn't even stock that brand, but one of his distributors
carried them, and they were here in just three days.

My bad assumption was that anyone who has access to Canon distribution
channels would jump at the chance to help you get your eyecup. Too bad
-- it looks like big-box influence goes way beyond the closest
Mall*Wart.