[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:38:51 -0500
I do my own retouching which is generally fairly light.  Soften but not
eliminate wrinkles, eliminate temporary blemishes like cuts and pimples,
accentuate the eyes a bit.  I sharpen around the eyes, lips and nostrils
and may blur the skin a bit elsewhere... but not too much.  I try to
make them look good by taking off a few years but I don't try to change
their appearance in any fundamental way.  The young lady you see here
has probably had a bit more wrinkle smoothing than most but not a great
deal.  Most people guess that she's about 35.  She was 51 when this shot
was taken.  Her skin is still just a little bit red but that's pretty
much her normal complexion.  As it is she looks very good but still
looks very much like her self.  And, of course, it helps to have good
starting material  :-)
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/personals01.php>

I'm not familiar with the retouching forum of which you speak but your
comments lead me to believe I'm probably not much interested in what's
going on there.  I don't generally go for the magazine cover fashion
model look with featureless skin.

Chuck Norcutt