[OM] Re: More Bolivia [was Another article of note]

Subject: [OM] Re: More Bolivia [was Another article of note]
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:18:24 -0400

From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> Welcome back!
>
> And now it's time go get a grip, man! I mean humility is one thing, but
> it doesn't require lying.
>
> As before, you've come back with a bunch of exquisite portraits -
> really. OK, so you don't mess with the camera settings a lot; that may
> be why you get such great shots. And the 5050 is obviously pretty
> forgiving.

The C5050 works okay for me, except for the extremely frustrating shutter
lag. From the experience of multiple trips there, I know that a DSLR just
isn't going to work for me. They are just too big to have on your person
constantly for two weeks. The C5050 size is about as big as I want to go.

> Some shots are great as they are and others need a little assistance to
> reach their wonderful potential. Quick and dirty, I've taken another
> look at a few. As usual, I have probably overshot the mark on some, but
> it gives an idea what's in those images.
> Beautious! <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/WayneC/>
>
> Moose

Some nice moosterizing there, thanks again.

Sometimes I wonder where my head is, as I arrived in Bolivia on this last
trip, to discover I had left my 81a filter for the C5050 at home. Very
frustrating. Luckily, most of the time we were only about 8500 to 10,000
feet of altitude this trip, so the problem doesn't show too bad. I did
manage to have the 81a for the 35RC with me.

Wayne