[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:07:11 -0500
On Sunday, November 11, 2007 08:01, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> That has a certain appeal. But then I've lost most of the respect I
> once had for journalism as a whole, at least of the daily newspaper/
> TV/radio variety, and always enjoy seeing a news organization take it
> on the chin, even if in the long run it's not in my best interest.
>
> --Bob Whitmire

        There is always a sense of satifaction when the arrogant get their just
desserts. I think as the commercial and entertainment side of news has become
more powerful in organizations, many decision makers in those companies have
forgot just how powerful they are. I remember reading a comment about how the
editors of the NYT and Washington Post were some of the most powerful men in
the world. In the very act of choosing what to print they decided for the
whole nation which items were important  and which weren't

I think many of the powerful in this age fail to understand that, with power.
a sense of duty and responsibility should come with it.